Stanford University Medical Center
Dr. Liu is a specialist in allergy/immunology and infectious disease. She is also a clinical associate professor in the Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases and the Department of Pediatrics, Division of Allergy, Immunology, and Rheumatology at Stanford University School of Medicine. Dr. Liu helps patients to develop tolerance to medications they are allergic to so that they can receive the best, and sometimes the only, treatments available to them. She also treats allergies to antibiotics, aspirin, NSAIDs, chemotherapy, and more. Dr. Liu has authored articles and book chapters related to drug allergy. She has given presentations on antibiotic allergies, drug desensitization, and aspirin-exacerbated respiratory disease, among other topics.
- Chen M, Feng C, Liu AY, Zhu L, Camargo CA Jr, Arroyo AC. Asian American Patients With Allergic Diseases: Considerations for Research and Clinical Care. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2022 Apr;10(4):950-952. doi: 10.1016/j.jaip.2022.01.031. PMID: 35397816; PMCID: PMC9167563.
- Lo R, Alexander S, Moss J, Siddiqi A, Liu A. Eculizumab hypersensitivity and desensitization in a toddler with atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2019 Sep-Oct;7(7):2409-2410. doi: 10.1016/j.jaip.2019.03.027. Epub 2019 Apr 1. PMID: 30946976.
- Multani A, Rustagi A, Epstein DJ, Gomez CA, Budvytiene I, Banaei N, Brown JM, Liu AY. Eremothecium coryli bloodstream infection in a patient with acute myeloid leukemia: first case report of human infection. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2019 Sep;95(1):77-79. doi: 10.1016/j.diagmicrobio.2019.03.011. Epub 2019 Mar 27. PMID: 31005402.
- Rosa JS, Vuong VB, Haskin O, Liu AY. A novel outpatient desensitization protocol for recombinant human erythropoietin allergy in a pediatric patient. Allergy Asthma Clin Immunol. 2018 Mar 12;14:8. doi: 10.1186/s13223-018-0233-1. PMID: 29545827; PMCID: PMC5846227.
- Liu A, Fanning L, Chong H, Fernandez J, Sloane D, Sancho-Serra M, Castells M. Desensitization regimens for drug allergy: state of the art in the 21st century. Clin Exp Allergy. 2011 Dec;41(12):1679-89. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2222.2011.03825.x. Epub 2011 Aug 23. PMID: 21883538.