Actively enrolling site
Dr. Gonzalez-Estrada received his M.D. from Anahuac University School of Medicine, completed Internal Medicine training and Allergy/Immunology fellowship at Cleveland Clinic. He received a Clemens von Pirquet award for best clinical research from the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology during his fellowship. Dr. Gonzalez has carried out a number of research projects, including studies of drug allergy, asthma, anaphylaxis, and chronic urticaria. He has published numerous articles, chapters, and abstracts.
- Avila-Castano K, Morgenstern-Kaplan D, Carrillo-Martin I, Gonzalez-Estrada A. Bosutinib-Induced Stevens-Johnson Syndrome and Evidence of Tolerance to a Structurally Dissimilar Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor. Cureus. 2022 Mar 18;14(3):e23288. doi: 10.7759/cureus.23288. PMID: 35449618; PMCID: PMC9013475.
- Motoa G, Morgenstern-Kaplan D, Carrillo-Martin I, Park MA, Gonzalez-Estrada A. A single- or two-step challenge versus a six-step challenge in non-HIV-infected patients with a sulfonamide antibiotic allergy label: A retrospective case series. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2022 Apr;10(4):1107-1109. doi: 10.1016/j.jaip.2021.11.024. Epub 2021 Dec 7. PMID: 34883261.
- Nelson J, Carrillo-Martin I, Bosch W, Brumble L, Oring JM, Park MA, Gonzalez-Estrada A. Outcomes in hospitalized kidney transplant patients with a penicillin allergy label in the United States, 2005-2014. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2022 Mar;10(3):867-869.e2. doi: 10.1016/j.jaip.2021.10.015. Epub 2021 Oct 18. PMID: 34673288.
- Garcia-Saucedo JC, Trejo-Gutierrez JF, Volcheck GW, Park MA, Gonzalez-Estrada A. Incidence and risk factors of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor-induced angioedema: A large case-control study. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2021 Nov;127(5):591-592. doi: 10.1016/j.anai.2021.07.028. Epub 2021 Aug 4. PMID: 34363973.
Christine Rukasin is an Allergist and Clinical Immunologist who provides care for pediatric and adult patients with allergic conditions, asthma and immunodeficiencies. Her clinical interests include: drug allergy; patient education and shared decision making; psychological impact of allergic conditions; and multidisciplinary care coordination of complex allergic or immunologic disease. In addition to her clinical responsibilities, Dr. Rukasin is active in the teaching and mentorship of medical students, residents and fellow. Dr. Rukasin also cares for patients at Phoenix Children’s Hospital and provides multidisciplinary care to patients with complex skin and immunologic conditions.
- Rukasin CRF, Phillips EJ, Stone CA Jr. Advances in immunoglobulin E mediated antibiotic allergy. Curr Opin Pediatr. 2022 Aug 30. doi: 10.1097/MOP.0000000000001171. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 36036421.
- Rukasin CRF, Henderlight S, Bosen T, Nelson SD, Phillips EJ. Implications of electronic health record transition on drug allergy labels. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2020 Feb;8(2):764-766. doi: 10.1016/j.jaip.2019.07.017. Epub 2019 Jul 24. PMID: 31351188; PMCID: PMC6981006.
- Rukasin CRF, Hemler JA, Dellon ES, Curry-Johnson S, Hiremath G. Geospatial distribution and characteristics of eosinophilic gastrointestinal disorder clinics in the United States. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2019 Dec;123(6):613-615. doi: 10.1016/j.anai.2019.09.019. Epub 2019 Sep 27. PMID: 31568856.
- Rukasin CRF, Phillips EJ, Norton AE. Slow graded reintroduction of oxcarbazepine for delayed maculopapular eruption. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2019 Oct;123(4):411-412. doi: 10.1016/j.anai.2019.06.001. Epub 2019 Jun 12. PMID: 31201862; PMCID: PMC6778716.
- Rukasin CRF, Norton AE, Broyles AD. Pediatric Drug Hypersensitivity. Curr Allergy Asthma Rep. 2019 Feb 22;19(2):11. doi: 10.1007/s11882-019-0841-y. PMID: 30793223.
Miguel Park is a physician and researcher at Mayo Clinic, where he is an Associate Professor of Medicine.
- Pitlick MM, Gonzalez-Estrada A, Park MA. Graded coronavirus disease 2019 vaccine administration: A safe alternative to vaccine avoidance. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2022 Jun;128(6):731-733. doi: 10.1016/j.anai.2022.02.024. Epub 2022 Mar 4. PMID: 35257875; PMCID: PMC8894737.
- D’Netto M, Voelker D, Park M. Pediatric penicillin skin testing with minor determinants and amoxicillin with or without oral drug challenge. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2022 May;128(5):609-610. doi: 10.1016/j.anai.2022.02.015. Epub 2022 Feb 25. PMID: 35227904.
- Pitlick MM, Sitek AN, D’Netto ME, Dages KN, Chiarella SE, Gonzalez-Estrada A, Joshi AY, Park MA. Utility and futility of skin testing to address concerns surrounding messenger RNA coronavirus disease 2019 vaccine reactions. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2022 Feb;128(2):153-160. doi: 10.1016/j.anai.2021.11.006. Epub 2021 Nov 16. PMID: 34798275; PMCID: PMC8594060.
- Park MA, Jenkins SM, Smith CY, Pyle RC, Sacco KA, Ryu E, Hagan JB, Joshi AY, Snyder MR, Abraham RS. Pneumococcal serotype-specific cut-offs based on antibody responses to pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccination in healthy adults. Vaccine. 2021 May 18;39(21):2850-2856. doi: 10.1016/j.vaccine.2021.04.015. Epub 2021 Apr 22. PMID: 33896666.
- Ahmed KA, Fox SJ, Frigas E, Park MA. Clinical outcome in the use of cephalosporins in pediatric patients with a history of penicillin allergy. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2012;158(4):405-10. doi: 10.1159/000333553. Epub 2012 Apr 5. PMID: 22487723.