Located in and around Nashville, Tennessee, VUMC is renowned for its acclaimed teaching hospital and its groundbreaking development of electronic health records. The VUMC Drug Allergy Clinic provides care for those experiencing allergic reactions to particular medications, eliminating uncertainty for those with potential drug allergies through comprehensive consultation and evaluation.
Dr. Phillips is an internationally-renowned physician-scientist studying the immunopathogenesis of severe immunologically mediated adverse drug reactions and the translation of immunogenetics into clinical practice. She is recognized as a leader in the field of drug allergy and have organized international collaborative research networks that have fostered interdisciplinary research and training environments. She led the discovery of new drug-HLA associations likely to translate into the clinical setting. As a physician scientist at VUMC, Dr. Phillips also runs a dedicated clinic in drug allergy that enrolls patients into research studies, including USDAR.
- Blumenthal KG, Peter JG, Trubiano JA, Phillips EJ. Antibiotic Allergy. Lancet. 2019; 393(10167):183-198.
- Wheatley LM, Plaut M, Schwaninger JM, Banerji A, Castells M, Finkelman FD, Gleich GJ, Guttman-Yassky E, Mallal SA, Naisbitt DJ, Ostrov DA, Phillips EJ, Pichler WJ, Platts-Mills TA, Roujeau JC, Schwartz LB, Trepanier LA. Report from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Workshop on Drug Allergy. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2015;136(2):262-271.
- Phillips EJ, Bigliardi P, Bircher AJ, Broyles A, Chang YS, Chung WH, Lehloenya R, Mockenhaupt M, Peter J, Pirmohamed M, Roujeau JC, Shear NH, Tanno LK, Trubiano J, Valluzzi R, Barbaud A. Controversies in Drug Allergy: Testing for Delayed Reactions. J Allerg Clin Immunol. 2019;143(1)66-73.
- Trubiano JA, Douglas AP, Goh M, Slavin MA, Phillips EJ. The Safety of Antibiotic Skin Testing in Severe T-Cell Mediated Hypersensitivity of Immunocompetent and Immunocompromised Hosts. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2019;7(4):1341-43.
- Trubiano JA, Strautins K, Redwood AJ, Pavlos R, Konvinse KC, Aung AK, Slavin MA, Thurksy KA, Grayson ML, Phillips EJ. The Combined Utility of Ex vivo IFN-Gamma Release Enzyme-Linked ImmunoSpot Assay and In vivo Skin Testing in Patients with Antibiotic Associated Severe Cutaneous Adverse Reaction. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2018;6(4)1287-1296
Dr. Stone is an allergist-immunologist at VUMC who is studying beta-lactam allergy with a focus on immediate (IgE-mediated) hypersensitivity.
- Stone CA Jr, Trubiano J, Coleman DT, Rukasin CRF, Phillips EJ. The Challenge of De-Labeling Penicillin Allergy. Allergy. 2019. [Epub ahead of print].
- Stone CA Jr, Liu Y, Relling MV, Krantz MS, Pratt AL, Abreo A, Hemler JA, Phillips EJ. Immediate Hypersensitivity to Polyethylene Glycols and Polysorbates: More Common Than We Have Recognized. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2019;7(5):1533-1540.
- Trubiano J, Stone CA Jr, White K, Urbancic K, Slavin MA, Grayson LM, Thursky KA, Phillips EJ. The 3 C’s of Antibiotic Allergy – Classification, Cross-Reactivity and Collaboration. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2017;5(6):1532-1542.
- Krantz MS, Stone CA Jr, Abreo A, Phillips EJ. Oral Challenge with Trimethoprim-Sulfamethoxazole in Patients with “Sulfa” Antibiotic Allergy. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2019 Jul 15 [Epub ahead of print].